There is a wide range of choices available when it comes to part-time jobs. Some of them require the use of a computer and the Internet, whereas some can be termed as ‘offline’ jobs. At the same time, there are jobs which have certain age restrictions (for example, a minimum age of 18 or 21) and therefore, are usually out-of-bounds for high school students. Taking this factor into consideration, here is a list of jobs for high school students, followed by a list of those in college.
For High School Students
Usually, age restriction and educational qualifications are the biggest problems that high school students face when on the lookout for part-time jobs. Here is a list of possible part-time employment options for high school students.
– Library Assistants: Students can opt to work a few hours either in the school library itself or in other libraries in the neighborhood. They can assume the position of library assistants or assistant record keepers. Since the payment is done on a per hour basis, students can choose how much to work depending on their financial requirements.
– Weekend Marketing: This is something that both college as well as high school students can do. You can sign up with an advertising agency as a freelance product promoter. You can use your time on weekends to for marketing a product in populated places such as supermarkets, shopping malls, movie theaters, etc.
– Gas Station Attendant: This is another part-time employment option that is popular among students. Depending on your academic schedule, you can choose the number of hours that you wish to work, and can earn some good money along the way.
– Delivery Service: If you own a car or a bike and you have a valid driving license, you could consider starting a private part-time delivery service. Think of pizza delivery, it is something that pays well. The odd tips that you end up getting from aunties and generous grannies will only add to your earnings.
– Lawn Mowing: This is another good way of raking in a few dollars without wasting too much time. You can also combine this by having a weekly Sunday car wash in your backyard. You could post fliers and posters in popular hangouts advertising your Sunday car wash. That way, all the car owners in your neighborhood would know about this facility. Nice way of making a whole lot of money in a single day, isn’t it?
For College Students
In addition to the above-mentioned part-time jobs, here are a few more job options that could be considered by college students.
– Freelance Work: Working as a freelancer is one of the best possible options for a part-time job seeker. There are numerous freelance opportunities that are available in today’s market. Offline freelance jobs include working as a freelance insurance agent, real estate agent, product salesman, etc. In addition to these, there exist plenty of online jobs, work-at-home jobs and online freelance opportunities such as freelance writing, content writing, software development, website designing, copy-writing, etc.
– Tutoring: If you have a good amount of expertise in a certain area, then you could think of tutoring on a part-time basis. It could give you the flexibility that you need and could also make you some good money.
– Modeling: If you’re blessed with good looks, why not try your hand at modeling? It is extremely popular among college goers and is a great way of making some fast cash.
– Bartending: Another great way to enjoy your work, meet new people, have a good time, and make good money! Not to mention the generous weekend tips!
This was a sample list of part-time jobs that you can consider, if you are looking for a vocation that pays immensely well. Identify your requirements, analyze your skills and choose the one that you find to be most suitable.